Information for Técnico community on COVID-19
(latest update: July 16, 2020)
Dispatch from the President of Técnico on the mandatory use of mask on all campuses, including outdoors, and on the authorised entrances in each campus – Read the full text
Statement by the President of Instituto Superior Técnico
Specific recommendations for Técnico community:
- All in-class lessons are suspended in the three campuses since 16th March. SARTRE website provides useful information for faculty, students and researchers.
- The resumption of onsite activity at Técnico campuses started on 1st June, in staggered shifts.
- Access to buildings is restricted, according to the Procedures to enter Técnico campuses (see below).
- Self-isolation is recommended to all suspicious cases.
- Cleaning and disinfection of spaces will continue to be reinforced using disinfectant solutions, with particular focus on handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, etc.);
According to the evolution of the epidemiological situation and in accordance with indications from the Health Delegate and /or other competent authorities, additional measures will be taken.
- Members of Técnico community with COVID19 symptoms, in any campus, should contact the telephone numbers mentioned below in order to be sent to an isolation room. After entering the isolation room, please call SNS 24 – 808 24 24 24 and follow the instructions.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you shouldn’t come to Técnico. You should contact SNS 24 (808 24 24 24).
From 30th March 2020, the health services will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 9:00 to 15:00, as follows:
- General practice – Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:30 to 13:00;
- Dentistry – Emergency. Mondays from 13:30 to 15:00 and Fridays from 9:00 to 13:00;
- Gynecology – Emergency. Consultations by appointment only;
- Psychology – Skype sessions with the psychologist. First appointments should be requested (Skype);
- Nursing – Consultations by appointment only.
Appointments should preferably be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients with chronic diseases are allowed to keep the usual medication by showing an old prescription. Any person with the following symptoms:
- Breathing difficulties.
should call SNS24 – 808 24 24 24.
Access to Técnico campuses
- Temperature screening before entering the workplace
- The use of face mask is mandatory
- Respect the maximum occupancy rates established for indoor spaces
- Gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited
- Be aware of opening hours for the different activities
CTN Campus, Sacavém
Only authorised persons will be able to access CTN campus. Access authorisation will be granted by CTN Management Committee.
TagusPark Campus, Oeiras
The building will be closed to the public.
- Rooms 1.17 and 0.71 are open from 1st June (10:00-18:00).
- Faculty, employees, researchers and PhD students will be allowed to access their offices during working hours (8:00-18:00), upon presentation of IST card (or research centre) at the entrance of the building. Accompanying persons will not be allowed.
- Security guards must actively intercept any bystanders within the building outside working hours and instruct them to leave the building. In case of refusal, the security guard will require the IST card and request clarification about his/her presence on the premises. If this information is not provided, the security guard must immediately contact Daniel Santos (email@example.com).
Alameda Campus, Lisbon
- From 1st June, the following spaces will be open from 10:00 to 18:00: the room “Aquário” at Civil Engineering building, rooms 5 and 9 (LTI-DSI space), at North Garden building
- People can move around the campus during working hours (8:00-18:00). The members of IST community (faculty, researchers, PhD students or employees) will be able to access the buildings and circulate as far as their card and/or key allow. People who have prior authorisation from NSHS to access spaces (either from the IST community or outside) must contact the security guard, who will then check whether this authorisation exists. All accesses of this nature will be registered by the security guard and reported to the NSHS.
- Outside working hours, security guards will actively intercept any bystanders (outside or inside the buildings) and instruct them to leave the Campus. In case of refusal, the security guard will require the IST card and request clarification about his/her presence on the premises. If this information is not provided, the security guard must immediately contact the NSHS.
Impact on Human Resources:
After 16th March and until a new information note on this regard or unless a legal provision establishes otherwise, validation will be done automatically by the human resources office, invoking teleworking. Each worker will be entitled to meal allowance. This situation does not apply to employees who are ensuring minimum services.
As of 1st June 2020, services will return to face-to-face activity, alternatively for a fortnight period. Biometric authentication is available.
The holidays not taken in 2019 beyond the deadline of 30th April 2020 will be dully safeguarded, according to the dates that the competent authorities may fix. An authorisation from the immediate superior and from the governing board is required.
IRS tax declarations 2019 are already available on SAP portal.
All tender procedures will be carried out with the necessary adaptations: call for tenders to award a contract, research scholarships or scholarship supplements, as well as renewal and termination of contracts.
Communication with the Human Resources Office
- Without prejudice to formal acts that require the use of physical documentary support, we recommend the use of digital documents (pdf or image). Communication with the Human Resources Office should be done via the RT ticketing system (https://drh.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/contactos/). Documents such as medical certificates, parental leave or ADSE reimbursements can be sent via RT. The original documents should be kept and delivered when the situation returns to normal.
- At this stage, the Human Resources services will be available via telephone 218417033 (ext 1033) or, alternatively, via skype “DRH-IST” (10:00 to 12:30; 14:00 to 16:30).
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds or, in alternative, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Wash your hands before and after preparing food, before meals, after using the bathroom and every time your hands are dirty;
- Use paper tissues only once to blow your nose and put it in the bin, then wash your hands;
- Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with other people if you have returned from an affected area;
- Travel to regions at risk of active community transmission (indicated by DGS) should be restricted. If travel is considered essential, booking a flight/accommodation must be made ensuring flight/accommodation change and cancellation policy. Upon returning it is recommended to comply with the provisions of information no. 005/2020, of 27th February and order 2836-A / 2020, of 2nd March;
- Travelers returning from a region at risk of active community transmission should contact immediately SNS 24 (808 24 24 24) and follow the instructions.
Within 14 days of returning to Portugal:
- adopt social distancing measures, in particular stay away from public places (except educational and professional activities);
- avoid close physical contact.
- Name and surname
- Have you been in areas of presumed community transmission?
- Did you have contact with another person with a positive COVID-19 test result?
- Did you call Saúde 24?
- Relevant information
- Report actions taken
Técnico statements on COVID-19
- Statement on COVID – 19 (14) (May 9 2020)
- Statement on COVID – 19 (13) (May 3 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (12) (April 26 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (11) (April 10 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (10) (March 22 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (9) (March 13 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (8) (March 12 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (7) clarification (March 10 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (7) (March 10 2020)
- Statement on COVID -19 (6) (March 9 2020)
- Statement on COVID – 19 (5) (5 Março 2020)
- Statement on COVID – 19 (4) (2 março 2020)
- Statement on COVID – 19 (3) (2 março 2020)
- Statement on COVID – 19 (2) (1 março 2020)
- Decisão do Conselho de Gestão de preparar um plano de contingência de acordo com as diretivas da Direção-Geral da Saúde e enviar uma informação à Escola (1) (20 fevereiro 2020)