Information for Técnico community
(latest update: March 10, 2020)
Plano de desconfinamento
Dispatch from the President of the Técnico on the mandatory use of a mask on all campuses, including outdoors, and with indications of the location of the unique entrances of each campus – View the full text
Statement by the President of Instituto Superior Técnico
Specific recommendations for Técnico community
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, before and after preparing food, before meals, after using the bathroom and every time your hands are dirty;
- In alternative, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizers, which are available at Técnico;
- Use paper tissues only once to blow your nose and put it in the bin, then wash your hands;
- Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with other people if you have returned from an affected area;
- Travel to regions at risk of active community transmission (indicated by DGS) should be restricted. If travel is considered essential, booking a flight/accommodation must be made ensuring flight/accommodation change and cancellation policy. Upon returning it is recommended to comply with the provisions of information no. 005/2020, of 27th February and order 2836-A / 2020, of 2nd March;
- Travelers returning from a region at risk of active community transmission should contact immediately SNS 24 (808 24 24 24) and follow the instructions.
Within 14 days of returning to Portugal:
- adopt social distancing measures, in particular stay away from public places (except educational and professional activities);
- avoid close physical contact .
Specific recommendations for Técnico community
We draw your attention to the following advice and recommendations:
- All activities in the three campuses are suspended from 16th March. Remote work will allow to ensure IST activities: learning, administrative procedures and research activities. Exceptions to remote work:
- all activities and procedures that require a physical presence at the campuses (cleaning services, security, facility and equipment maintenance);
- on-site minimum services defined by IST Governing Body;
- Health care services – Técnico Lisboa at Alameda campus – will be open in some medical specialties.
- All in-class lessons are suspended. Video conference classes will start on 18th March. Guidelines for video conference classes at Técnico.
- Access to buidings is limited. Members of Técnico community will be able to access the buildings using IST card or upon request, as mentioned in access procedures (see below).
- Self-isolation is recommended to all those who are suspected cases.
- Suspend all face-to-face meetings not essential for the smooth running of the School.
- Cleaning will be enhanced using alcoholic solutions, namely handrails, door handles, lift buttons, etc);
According to the evolution of the epidemiological situation and in accordance with indications from the Health Delegate and /or other competent authorities, additional measures will be taken.
- Members of Técnico community with COVID19 symptoms, in any campus, should contact the telephone numbers mentioned below in order to be sent to isolation rooms.
- Contact SNS 24 – 808 24 24 24 as soon as you enter an isolation room and follow the instructions.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms at home, you shouldn’t come to Técnico. You should contact SNS 24 (808 24 24 24).
From 30th March 2020, the health services will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 9:00 to 15:00, as follows:
- General practice – Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:30 to 13:00;
- Dentistry – Emergency. Mondays from 13:30 to 15:00 and Fridays from 9:00 to 13:00;
- Gynecology – Emergency. Consultations by appointment only;
- Psychology – Skype sessions with the psychologist. First appointments should be requested (Skype);
- Nursing – Consultations by appointment only.
Appointments should preferably be made by email to email@example.com. Patients with chronic diseases are allowed to keep the usual medication by showing an old prescription. Any person with the following symptoms:
- Breathing difficulties.
Should call SNS24 – 808 24 24 24.
Access to Técnico campuses
CTN Campus, Sacavém
Only authorised persons will be able to access CTN campus. Access authorisation will be granted by CTN Management Committee.
TagusPark Campus, Oeiras
The building will be closed to the public.
- Será permitido acesso de docentes, funcionários, investigadores e alunos de doutoramento aos seus gabinetes durante o horário de expediente (8h-18h), bastando para isso apresentar-se na portaria e identificar-se através do cartão do IST (ou do instituto de investigação), ficando o segurança com o registo do nome e n.º mecanográfico. Não serão permitidos acompanhantes.
- Security guards must actively intercept any bystanders within the building outside working hours and instruct them to leave the building. In the event of refusal, the security guard will require the IST card and request clarification about his/her presence on the premises. If this information is not provided, the security guard must immediately contact Daniel Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alameda Campus, Lisbon
All buildings will be closed.
- People can move around the campus during working hours (8 am-6pm). The members of IST community (faculty, researchers, PhD students or employees) will be able to access the buildings and circulate as far as their card and/or key allow. People who have prior authorisation from NSHS to access spaces (either from the IST community or outside) must contact the security guard, who will then check whether this authorisation exists. Apart from this authorisation, all accesses of this nature will be registered by the security guard and reported to the NSHS.
- Outside working hours, security guards will actively intercept any bystanders (outside or inside the buildings) and instruct them to leave the Campus. In event of refusal, the security guard will require the IST card and request clarification about his/her presence on the premises. If this information is not provided, the security guard must immediately contact the NSHS.
Impact on Human Resources
- From 5th and 11th March, when biometric reading terminals were suspended, validation will be done by the immediate superiors directly on SAP portal. Each person should add the respective time entry and leave and include “Covid-19” in the field “notes”.
- On 12th and 13th March, validation will be automatic. Each employee will be credited with 7 hours of work and entitled to meal allowance.
- After 16th March, and until a new information note on this regard or unless a legal provision establishes otherwise, validation will be done automatically by the human resources office, invoking teleworking and each worker will be entitled to meal allowance. This situation does not apply to employees who are ensuring minimum services.
The holidays not taken in 2019, beyond the deadline of 30th April 2020, will be dully safeguarded, according to the dates that the competent authorities may fix.
IRS tax declarations 2019 are already available on SAP portal.
All tender procedures will be carried out, with the necessary adaptations: call for tenders to award a contract, research scholarships or scholarship supplements, as well as renewal and termination of contracts.
Communication with the Human Resources Office
- Without prejudice to formal acts that require the use of physical documentary support, we recommend the use of digital documents (pdf or image). Communication with the Human Resources Office should be done via the RT ticketing system (https://drh.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/contactos/). Documents such as medical certificates, parental leave or ADSE reimbursements can be sent via RT. The original documents should be kept and delivered when the situation returns to normal.
- At this stage, the Human Resources services will be available via telephone 218417033 (ext 1033) or, alternatively, via skype “DRH-IST” (10:00 to 12:30; 14:00 to 16:30).
- Avoid travelling to countries/areas affected by COVID-19, namely China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Japan and Singapore. Remote work should be encouraged and, if necessary, the work should be postponed. Social distancing measures should be implemented; crowded places should be avoided (except the normal professional and school activities);
- Updates on coronavirus disease are available on DGS website.
- Name and surname
- Have you been in areas of presumed community transmission?
- Did you have contact with another person with a positive COVID-19 test result?
- Did you call Saúde 24?
- Relevant information
- Report actions taken
Técnico statements on COVID-19
- Information COVID – 19 (14) (May 9 2020)
- Information COVID – 19 (13) (May 3 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (12) (April 26 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (11) (April 10 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (10) (March 22 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (9) (March 13 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (8) (March 12 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (7) clarification (March 10 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (7) (March 10 2020)
- Information COVID -19 (6) (March 9 2020)
- Comunicado COVID – 19 (5) (5 Março 2020)
- Comunicado COVID – 19 (4) (2 março 2020)
- Comunicado COVID – 19 (3) (2 março 2020)
- Comunicado COVID – 19 (2) (1 março 2020)
- Decisão do Conselho de Gestão de preparar um plano de contingência de acordo com as diretivas da Direção-Geral da Saúde e enviar uma informação à Escola (1) (20 fevereiro 2020)