We are pleased to announce a new Técnico+ Expert Talk promoted by Técnico+, the postgraduate and professional training school of Instituto Superior Técnico (IST).
- 22nd September, 6 p.m. – Online*
- Speaker: eng. Luís Mira Amaral (Chairman of BYND – Venture Capital and Chairman of the CIP Industry and Energy Councils).
- Title: “Corporate Governance and the Post-Covid-19 Capitalism”
About the Webinar
This webinar will focus on corporate governance and on the Post-Covid-19 Capitalism (shareholder versus stakeholder capitalism).
The following topics will be addressed:
– What is corporate governance?;
– Shareholders and stakeholders;
– Corporate governance models: classical or traditional model, monist or Anglo-Saxon model and dualist/Germanic model. – The role of non-executive directors (NED);
– The particular case of family businesses;
– The three types of capitalism: Anglo-Saxon liberal, cooperative capitalism (Rhine and Japanese model) and state capitalism (Chinese);
– The discussion between shareholders capitalism and stakeholders capitalism.
About the Speaker
Luís Mira Amaral got a degree in Electrical Engineer from Técnico, a Master’s degree in Economics from Nova SBE and a Post-Graduation in Management from Stanford University. He was Minister of Labour and Social Security (1985-87) and Minister of Industry and Energy (1987-95). He was invited associate professor of Industrial Economics at Nova SBE and invited Full Professor of Economics and Management at Técnico. He is currently Chairman of BYND – Venture Capital (former Busy Angels) and Chairman of the CIP Industry and Energy Councils.
*Free Webinar. Prior registration is required.