Two courses of Instituto Superior Técnico – Aerospace Engineering and Physics Engineering – had the highest admission average of the last student admitted in the 1st phase of access to higher education, at national level, with an average grade of 18.53.
Two other courses ranked in national top-10: Applied Mathematics and Computation (18.05) and Biomedical Engineering (17.95).
This year, Engineering ranked higher than Medicine, which has traditionally the highest admission averages at national level. The third course with the highest grade (18.48) was Industrial Engineering and Management – University of Porto.
The grades of the last students admitted in the other courses of Instituto Superior Técnico were as follows:
- Materials Engineering, 15.55;
- Information Systems and Computer Engineering (Alameda Campus), 16.65;
- Architecture, 15.83;
- Biological Engineering, 16.73;
- Civil Engineering, 12.00;
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, 16.10;
- Mechanical Engineering, 16.98;
- Chemical Engineering, 15.85;
- Environmental Engineering, 14.90;
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 16.00;
- Mining and Geological Engineering , 13.05;
- Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering, 14.50;
- Industrial Engineering and Management, 16.20;
- Information Systems and Computer Engineering (Taguspark Campus), 16.00;
- Electronics Engineering, 14.50.
All vacancies were occupied in the first phase of access to higher education, with the exception of Civil Engineering course.