The “Hydrogen: Safety, Production, Storage, Distribution and Applications” specialisation course is offered in a blended learning format and takes an introductory approach to the main industrial technologies for the production, storage, distribution and safety of hydrogen and green oxygen.
Start date: 10th November 2022
End date: 3rd December 2022
Schedule: Tuesday and Wednesday, 6 p.m./7.30 p.m.
Format: In-person + Online**
More information and applications (applications are open until 27th October 2022)
Hydrogen has been gaining relevance as an alternative energy source to fossil fuels, presenting itself as a more sustainable and effective solution to combat climate change and achieve climate neutrality. Despite the enormous potential of hydrogen, there are still many challenges to overcome, particularly related to its transport and storage, which highlights the need to acquire knowledge that will lead to a greater understanding of this issue.
This course introduces the main industrial technologies of hydrogen and green oxygen with emphasis on commercial electrolysis systems to produce hydrogen and green oxygen. This course takes place in-person and online, and will promote a hands-on knowledge.
– To know the storage systems, such as compressed, liquefied and cryo-compressed hydrogen;
– To assess risks and safety in hydrogen installation and have an overview about fuel cells;
– To recognise the potential applications for green hydrogen in transports, industry and services;
– To acquire knowledge about hydrogen production, including chemical, electrolytic and biological reforming processes;
– To understand the centralised and decentralised hydrogen distribution, their advantages, disadvantages and areas of applicability;
**The session of December 3, Saturday, takes places in-person, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.