Free shuttle service is available to IST community between Alameda Campus and Taguspark Campus, from 7 a.m. to 8.10 p.m., with the following intermediate stops: Sete Rios, Oeiras and Cacém.
The shuttle management, monitoring and planning is the responsibility of the Taguspark Financial Unit.
Project “A pedalar”
The project “A pedalar” was launched in September 2015, during the Mobility Week at Técnico. This is an innovative project that aims to increase the number of people cycling to and from Alameda campus. This initiative was supported by Caixa Geral de Depósitos, which provided IST community several bicycles and locks, free of charge.
Due to the success of this project, Técnico acquired ten bicycles available to members of IST community. All interested in requesting a bicycle should contact the main building reception.
Terms and Conditions
- The following rules aim to define the guidelines for use of bicycles.
- Bicycles are available at Alameda campus and may be requested by students, faculty, staff, researchers, scholars, alumni and other collaborators of IST community.
- Bicycles are exclusively for recreational purposes and/or personal use.
- Bicycles can be requested at the main building reception, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bicycles must be returned before 5 p.m. the day after their request.
- The lock provided with the bicycle must be used whenever the bicycle is left unattended.
- A careful inspection of bicycles will be conducted before and after the period of use, according to the technical file.
- The user should always make prudent use of the bicycle and lock.
- When requesting a bicycle, everyone is required to fill a document including requester’s own personal data, term of responsibility, request period and inspection results.
- The user must comply with the rules of the Portuguese Highway Code.
- Anyone under the age of 18 is allowed to use these bicycles without a liability form signed by parents, guardians or tutors, who will be responsible for the prudent use of bicycles.
- At the end of the requested period, the user must return the bicycle to the main building reception, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The user will be responsible for any accidents or damage caused during the period of use (accident and liability insurance aren’t included).
- Failure to return the bike in due time, or damaged, may give rise to a process of inquiry and penalty payments.
- The use of these bicycles presupposes a full knowledge and acceptance of the rules described above.
The management of car parking at Alameda campus is done under the supervision of the Advisory Board and aims to regulate car parking on campus according to Técnico’ s car parking regulations.
Who can apply for parking permits?
Parking at Alameda campus is intended for Técnico employees and collaborators. As the number of requests exceeds the number of available parking spaces, all other users are subject to parking quotas during working days (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Limited access cards:
Limited access cards will be assigned to Técnico students and scholars, researchers (who do not have an employment relationship with Técnico), as well as members of APIST, AEIST and Private Non-Profit Institutions based in Técnico, upon application and selection process.
Apply for parking permits
To apply for a parking permit you first need to have access to Técnico Login area (Fénix) and then request unlimited or limited access card.
Técnico employees and collaborators can request the card at any time.
All other users can request the card as follows: in October, for those who want to request unlimited cards; every two months, for those who want to request limited cards.
Parking permits fee
Parking permits are free of charge for Técnico employees and collaborators.
For all other users the fee is five (5) euros paid once (this is not an annuity).
Please note that for any user the cost of issuing a new card for loss or damage is ten (10) euros.
- Without restriction, hereinafter “unlimited access”;
- With restriction at certain times, hereinafter “limited access”;
- Unlimited access cards will be assigned to Técnico employees and collaborators, upon request;
- Limited access cards will be assigned to Técnico students and scholars, researchers (who do not have an employment relationship with Técnico), as well as members of APIST, AEIST and Private Non-Profit Institutions based in Técnico, upon application and selection process.
Telephone: (+351) 218 417 331/847 – internal line 1331