Professor Manuel Prieto’s academic jubilee will take place on 28th June 2019, at 9.30 a.m., in Salão Nobre.
- 9.30 a.m.
• President of Instituto Superior Técnico, professor Arlindo Oliveira
• President of Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences (iBB), professor Joaquim Sampaio Cabral
- 9.40 a.m. – Speech by former PhD students
• Luís Loura (FFUC), Recollections of a better time
• Miguel Castanho (FMUL), The celtic tree legacy
- 10.40 a.m. – Speech by graduate students I
• Tiago Palmeira (CQFM/iBB), Fullerenes and the trail for the maximum TADF efficiency
• Diogo Mendonça (iMM Lisbon), Game of Peptide Thrones: the battle against viruses across membranes
- 11.10 a.m. — Coffee break
- 11.30 a.m. – Speech by graduate students II
• Clara Garcia (CQFM/iBB), Using homo-FRET to map the conformational changes of KcsA
• Luís Araújo (CQFM/iBB), Membrane order of calcium-induced PI(4,5)P2 nanodomains
• Ana Martins (iMM), Flavivirus capsid proteins and their ability to interact with host lipid systems and viral RNA
• Tânia Santos (iMED.ULisbon), The study of atypical sphingolipids and life in general with Prof. Manuel Prieto
- 12.30 p.m. — Lunch break
- 2.00 p.m.
• President of IST Scientific Council, professor Luís Oliveira e Silva
• President of the Department of Chemical Engineering (DEQ), professor Teresa Duarte
• President of Centro de Química-Física Molecular (CQFM), professor Mário Berberan-Santos
- 2.30 p.m. – Speech by
• Anthony Watts (Oxford University), Fluorescence matters
- 3.10 p.m. – Speech by
• Martin Hof (HIPC, Rep.Checa), Lipid driven nanodomains are fluid and interleaflet coupled
- 3.50 p.m. – Speech by
• Ole G. Mouritsen (UCPH, Denmark), What is gastrophysics?
- 4.30 p.m. Coffee break
- 5.00 p.m.
Piano and Singing recital
• Félix M. Goñi (UPV/EHU, Spain) – Baritone
• Ales Larrazabal – Piano
will play Schubert, Fauré, Falla, Lopes-Graça, etc.
- 6.00 p.m.
A dinner (registrations until 13th June) will take place at 8 p.m., in Sintra , Colares (praia da Adraga).