Can machines think?
This will be the starting point for a talk with professor Arlindo Oliveira, researcher at Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID)/Técnico and children (and other curious people of all ages).
“Explain it like I’m 5 – talks at Técnico for children and other curious people of all ages” is designed for young people (5-12 years old), opening a door to get to know Técnico research and the possibility to ask questions to our scientists – even at a distance.
Older people can come as well, if the children let them.
Saturdays at 11 a.m., every two weeks, live on Facebook. The talks can be watched later. You can send questions ahead of time to email@example.com or join us live on Facebook – Facebook @tecnico.ulisboa.pt.
“Explain it like I’m 5 – talks at Técnico for children and other curious people of all ages”
5th September, 11:00
Can machines think?
Arlindo Oliveira, Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID)
19th September, 11:00
Yasser Omar, Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT)
23rd May, 11:00
What if I want to build a robot? | Video – Ep.1
Isabel Ribeiro, Institute for Systems and Robotics, ISR Lisboa
6th June, 11:00
Is zero an odd or even number? | Video – Ep.2
Ana Moura Santos, Center for Functional Analysis, Linear Structures and Applications, CEAFEL
20th June, 11:00
Does the Universe have an end? | Video – Ep.3
Pedro Abreu, Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particle Physics, LIP
4th July, 11:00
Does air belong to all of us? | Video – Ep.4
Marta Almeida, Center for Nuclear Sciences and Technologies (C2TN)
18th July, 11:00
Is there life in other planets? | Video – Ep.5
Zita Martins, Centro de Química Estrutural, CQE
These talks are organised by the Science Communication Group at Técnico -“ComunicaCiencia”.
SCIENCE COMMUNICATION GROUP – RESEARCH UNITS
• Centre for Mathematical Analysis, Geometry, and Dynamical Systems (CAMGSD)
• Marine, Environment and Technology Center (MARETEC)
• Center for Nuclear Sciences and Technologies (C2TN)
• Centre for Innovation, Technology and Policy Research (IN+)
• Center for Functional Analysis, Linear Structures and Applications (CEAFEL)
• Centre for Marine Technology and Ocean Engineering (CENTEC)
• Centre for Management Studies (CEG-IST)
• Center of Physics and Engineering of Advanced Materials (CeFEMA)
• Centre for Theoretical Particle Physics (CFTP)
• Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics (CEMAT)
• Centro de Química Estrutural (CQE)
• Centro de Recursos Naturais e Ambiente (CERENA)
• INESC Microsystems and Nanotechnologies (INESC-MN)
• Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences (iBB)
• Mechanical Engineering Institute (IDMEC)
• Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores: Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID)
• Institute for Plasmas and Nuclear Fusion (IPFN)
• Institute for Systems and Robotics (ISR)
• Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT)
• Civil Engineering Research and Innovation for Sustainability (CERIS)
• Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particle Physics (LIP).