Cyber attacks shouldn’t be ignored. In this context it is fundamental to implement measures that increase the state of readiness and resilience in view of this threat.
Técnico considers it absolutely essential to promote social awareness on this subject, namely among companies and citizens, as well as to promote synergies between institutions within this area.
In this way, on November 20, at 5 p.m., will take place the conference “Cyber security, a national priority”. This is the 2nd conference of the cycle “Innovation, Society and Technology” and is open to everyone who carry out research and study this topic.
A post-graduate course in cyber security will be presented during the conference.
Attendance is free but requires prior registration.
5 p.m. – Welcome session
5.15 p.m. – Round-table
Moderator: Professor Arlindo Oliveira, President of Técnico
• António Gameiro Marques, Rear Admiral (National Security Office, GNS – Director-General)
• José Tribolet (Instituto Superior Técnico – Full professor, President of the Institute for Systems Engineering and Computers, INESC)
• Pedro Adão (Instituto Superior Técnico – Assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, member of the Security and Quantum Information research group, SQIG)
• Pedro Veiga (Full professor, Cyber security National Centre, CNCS – Coordinator)
• Timóteo Menezes (Thales/Edisoft – Cyber Security & IT/IS Manager)
6 p.m. – Debate
6. 45 p.m. – Coffee Break / networking.
Professor Marcin Niemiec, assistant professor at the Department of Telecommunications – AGH University of Science and Technology (Krakow, Poland) will present the seminar “Privacy-preserving solutions for Security-as-a-Service (SecaaS) model” after the event.
Learn more about this event on Facebook.