The 1st phase results of the national competition for access to public higher education bring Técnico good news. For the third consecutive year, Engineering Physics and Aerospace Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico are two of the courses with the highest grades of the last students admitted at national level. Engineering Physics had a 18.90 average grade and Aerospace Engineering 18.35, thus setting a new record when compared to last year’s outstanding results. But the good results achieved by Técnico go further. There are two more courses among the national top 10: Applied Mathematics and Computation (18.35) and Biomedical Engineering (18.10).
The single student enrolled in the Civil Engineering course at the Faculty of Exact Sciences and Engineering – University of Madeira (UM) had an average grade of 18.94, which lead the UM to rank 1st. Industrial Engineering and Management at the University of Porto (18.63) ranked 4th. The medicine course at Abel Salazar Institute of Biomedical Sciences (ICBAS) – University of Porto (18.22) didn’t reach the podium and ranks below the Bioengineering course at ICBAS.
The grades of the last students admitted in the other Técnico courses were as follows:
• Information Systems and Computer Engineering (Alameda Campus) – 17.15
• Architecture – 14.65
• Biological Engineering – 17.05
• Civil Engineering – 12.55
• Materials Engineering – 16.03
• Electrical and Computer Engineering – 16.08
• Mechanical Engineering – 17.43
• Chemical Engineering – 16.33
• Environmental Engineering – 15.18
• Mining and Geological Engineering – 13.03
• Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering – 16.03
• Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering – 14.20
• Industrial Engineering and Management – 16.88
• Information Systems and Computer Engineering (Taguspark Campus) – 16.25
• Electronics Engineering – 14.93
1441 students were admitted at Técnico and all the available vacancies were filled during the first phase of access to higher education.