The Técnico library, in collaboration with Técnico PhD Student Club and DECivil, will organise a workshop on scientific writing , via Zoom, addressed to all academic community, from 15th to 24th June 2021.
The goals of this workshop are:
– to acquire some skills on scientific writing;
– to understand the mechanisms of publishing and how to choose the right journal to increase the visibility and impact of scientific publication;
– to discuss the predatory journals in the context of open access and open science;
– to show the preprint archives and to identify its advantages
– to identify some challenges in science communication.
The programme includes 4 sessions, always from 17:00 to 18:30, according to the following calendar:
1st session – Writing – 15th June;
2nd session – Publishing I – 17th June;
3rd session – Publishing II – predatory journals and preprint archives – 22nd June;
4th session – Writing and Publishing – 24th June.
These sessions will be held in Portuguese and the complete programme is available on Técnico library’s website.
Attendance is free. Registration is required*. The Zoom ID of each session will be sent by email to registered participants.
Programme and more information.
* Update (14th June) – Registrations have been canceled by decision of the Library due to the hight number of attendees.
For more information: email@example.com