The Técnico Library will organise a training session about “The ethical use of information: quotation, citation and reference of scientific work”, addressed to 1st and 2nd cycles, Integrated Cycle and 3rd cycle students, next December 11, from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
The aims of this training session are:
– To discuss the concept of Ethics in the use of information;
– To understand the concepts of Copyright, Right of Citation;
– To reflect on the concept of plagiarism (intentional, unintentional, self-plagiarism, detectors of plagiarism: URKUND);
– To understand the importance of correctly quoting and referencing information;
– To identify the different standards of citation and bibliographic reference and how to use them.
This training session will be presented in Portuguese language.
The participation is free of charge but the registration must be done by filling in the available form on Library’s web page.
Place: Mathematics building, floor -1, White Room (iStartLab).