The Special Admission Regime for International Students is aimed at students of non-European Union Member-States, who hold a high school certificate or equivalent, which in their country of origin allows them to apply for higher education, or in the case of applications for the 2nd cycle, holders of a 1st cycle degree certificate.
When choosing Técnico, you are selecting academic training at the level of the highest international standards and you will be exposed to wide knowledge and expertise at the forefront of science and technology and to a unique academic environment, in a wonderful town – Lisboa.
For more information contact our Admissions Office.
Check here the answer to your questions!
1st and 2nd study cycles: 7000 €/year. 2000€ upon vacancy reservation (corresponding to the first two installments) and the remainder in accordance with the 1st, 2nd and integrated study cycles fee regulations, available here.
For the Master Degree in Territorial Management and Urban Studies, a different fee adequate to the study field will be applied:
- Master Degree in Territorial Management and Urban Studies – 3500 Eur (1st academic year) and 3500 Eur (2nd academic year)
Applicants should consult the IST International Student Access and Admission Regulation for additional information on document content and validity.
The Decree-Law number 36/2014, of 10th of march, corrected by the Decree-Law number 62/2018 (PT), of 6th of march, regulates the International Student Statute.
Applications for a specific course or study cycle programme are made online. The applicant must provide all the documents mentioned in the Regulation, as well as a motivation letter referring to the selected course or study cycle. To complete the application process it is necessary to submit the following scanned documents as PDF files:
- Recent photo;
- Up-to-date CV;
- Identification document / passport;
- Copy of CPF (only applicable to 1st cycle candidates of Brazilian nationality);
- Official academic transcript that you have completed secondary education or equivalent in the country of origin, with final average and proof of access to higher education exams (only applicable to 1st cycle candidates);
- Official academic transcript records of bachelor degree and Diploma with final average (only applicable to 2nd cycle candidates);
- Document specifying the type of grading scheme of the academic records;
- Document certifying the applicant’s Portuguese language level: B1 level in Portuguese Language and complete the B2 level until the end of the first year of the degree (only applicable to 1st cycle candidates);
- Statement Under Oath, that the applicant does not have Portuguese nationality nor any other country nationality that is member of the EU and fulfills the requirements needed for the Access and Admission category for International Students;
- Bank transfer slip of the payment for application fee.
Academic Year 2023/24
|Dates||1st Call||2nd Call||3rd Call|
|Submission of applications||January 2 (9 am) to February 15 (5 p.m), 2023||April 3 to May 31, 2023||to be announced|
|Results publication||March 6, 2023||June 19, 2023||to be announced|
|Vacancy Reservation (Fee Payment)||March 7 to March 21, 2023||June 20 to June 30, 2023||to be announced|
|Colocação de Suplentes||March 22 to March 29, 2023||July 3 to July 7, 2023||to be announced|
|Divulgação de vagas sobrantes||until March 31, 2023||until July 14, 2023||to be announced|
|Registration||September, 2023||September, 2023||September, 2023|
|Reception Week||September, 2023||September, 2023||September, 2023|
Undergraduate Programmes (1st Cycle)
*Vacancies available for the academic year 2021/22
Master Programmes (2nd Cycle)
1 – The MSc in Petroleum Engineering curriculum was reestructured in 2022 with the new designation of Master in Energy Resources Engineering.
2 – The MSc in Chemistry curriculum was reestructured in 2022 with the new designation of Master in Molecular Science and Engineering.
In order for the application process to be assessed it is required that the applicants pay the application fee € 100 and send the bank transfer slip with the required documents.
- After submission of the application process an ATM reference will be generated to proceed with the bank transfer.
- The payment shall be done until 3 working days after the submission and sealing the application.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Admitted applicants must pay a € 2000 payment to ensure their place, within the defined deadlines. For the Master in Territorial Management and Urban Studies the vacancy reservation is € 1000.
- The vacancy reservation corresponds to the first two tuition fees payments.
- It is non-refundable.