(2nd study cycle)
You may apply for a Master or an Integrated Master (2nd study cycle) programme under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
National and EU Students*: The annual tuition fees of Técnico’s study programmes, approved by the General Council of ULisboa, are set between 825.00€ and 2500.00€, according to the characteristics of each course. Integrated masters’ tuition fees are 697,00€, the same as for undergraduate degrees.
*Students from countries outside the European Union must apply as an International Student. Thus, the tuition fee is different.
Students applying for a master’s or an integrated master’s of a 2nd study cycle at IST, the admission decisions and selection are the responsibility of the coordinator of the course you’re considering applying to, with the following criteria:
- Scientific affinity between the acquired course and the 2nd cycle programme that you are applying for;
- Nature of the academic degree earned;
- Academic performance on the attended course.
Students with Direct Access
Following the transition to the New Teaching Model for the 2021/22 school year, students who have finished an undergradute programme at Técnico within the periods defined in the Regulation for Admission to Masters Programmes, article 1, for which the Masters degree they are applying for is considered a continuation course, have direct access to that Master programme.
|Deadlines 2022/23||1st Call||2nd Call|
|Submission of applications||
14th of March to 15 of April, 2022
|27th of June to 22nd of July, 2022|
|Publication of temporary results||5th of September, 2022|
|Complaints and reevaluation requests||2nd to 6th of May, 2022||5th to 7th of September, 2022|
|Publication of final results||30th of May, 2022||12th of September, 2022|
|Registration and Enrollment||20th of June to 8th of July, 2022||12th to 15th of September, 2022|
|Reception Week||12th to 16th of September, 2022||12th to 16th of September, 2022|
|Placement of last candidates (if vacancies remain)||13th to 15th of July, 2022||19th to 21st of September, 2022|
Update: 7th of March, 2022
To complete the application process it is necessary to submit the following scanned documents:
- Up-to-date CV
- Official academic transcript with average grade
- Document specifying the type of grading scheme of the academic records
- Statement under oath (for 2nd call applications only)
- Bank transfer slip of the payment for the application fee (for bank transfers only)
- Display of identification document (passport, foreign citizen card or other appropriate), or, when authorized by the candidate, a simple photocopy of the identification document
- After submission of the application process an ATM reference will be generated to proceed with the bank transfer.
- Use the ATM reference to make the payment.
- The amount is 100 euros (for each course), except for Técnico students and ex-students which only pay an amount of 50 euros.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Study Programmes 2022/23
|Programme||Total Vacancies1||1st Call Vacancies2||2nd Call Vacancies2||MFCmin3||Cmin4||Campus||URL|
|Bioengineering and Nanosystems||20||10||20||120||120||Alameda|
|Bioengineering: Regenerative and Precision Medicine||20||20||17||120||120||Taguspark|
|Science and Technology for the Cultural Heritage||20||20||19||120||120||Alameda e CTN|
|Data Science and Engineering||30||10||20||100||100||Alameda|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||40||15||32||120||120||Alameda|
|Pharmaceutical Engineering6||See FFUL||See FFUL||See FFUL||100||100||Alameda|
|Mining and Geological Engineering||25||25||23||100||100||Alameda|
|Energy Engineering and Management||40||30||31||100||100||Alameda|
|Energy Resources Engineering8||30||30||28||100||100||Alameda|
|Engineering and Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship||30||10||20||100||100||Alameda|
|Industrial Engineering and Management||30||10||27||120||100||Taguspark|
|Computer Science and Engineering||45||–||45||120||100||Alameda|
|Computer Science and Engineering||30||–||30||120||100||Taguspark|
|Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering||20||15||18||100||100||Alameda|
|Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering||20||20||15||100||100||Taguspark|
|Information and Enterprise Systems7||See UAberta||See UAberta||See UAberta||100||100||Online|
|Mathematics and Applications||25||5||22||120||120||Alameda|
|Molecular Science and Engineering9||20||15||19||100||100||Alameda|
|Territorial Management and Urban Studies||30||20||28||100||100||Alameda|
|Radiation Protection and Safety||15||8||13||100||100||Alameda e CTN|
|Information Security and Cyberspace Law||25||25||16||100||100||Alameda|
2nd Call vacancies updated on the 27th June of 2022
1 – Vacancies to be confirmed after approval.
2 – The vacancies not filled in the 1st Call will be made available in the 2nd Call of applications. The 1st Call remaining vacancies are also added to the 2nd Call.
3 – MFCmin: Final Average Classification.
4 – Cmin: Minimum Grade.
5 – Application for the 2nd study cycle of the Integrated Master in Architecture.
6 – Applications are submitted in the Faculty of Pharmacy website.
7 – Applications are submitted in the Universidade Aberta website.
8 – The MSc in Petroleum Engineering curriculum was reestructured in 2022 with the new designation of Master in Energy Resources Engineering.
9 – The MSc in Chemistry curriculum was reestructured in 2022 with the new designation of Master in Molecular Science and Engineering.
Do you have any further questions?
If you have questions on the application submission process, required documents or payments, you can contact the Admissions Office. If you wish to find out more about our programmes and academic experience, you may schedule a visit or a Zoom chat with the Student Support Unit.