Master’s Degree – 2nd study cycle
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
Following the transition to the new teaching model for the 2021/22 school year, students who have finished an undergradute programme at Técnico within the periods defined in the Regulation for Admission to Masters Programmes, article 1, for which the Masters degree they are applying for is considered a continuation course, have direct access to that Masters. (complete documentation available at the bottom of this page).
For further information contact the Admissions Office.
National and EU Students: For the academic year 2020-2021, the tuition fee for the Integrated Master’s degrees was established at 697,00 euros* and for the 2nd study cycle, the tuition fee was established at 1063,47 euros. However, for the Master’s degrees indicated below, a different fee adequate to the study field will be applied:
- Master’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering – 2126,94 Eur (1st academic year) and 2126,94 Eur (2nd academic year).
- Master’s Degree in Cyberspace Law and Information Security – 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship — 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year)
- Master’s Degree in Data Science and Engineering — 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year)
- Master’s Degree in Territorial Management and Urban Studies – 1200 Eur (1st academic year) and 1200 Eur (2nd academic year)
* Indicative amount
Students applying for a master’s or an integrated master’s of a 2nd study cycle at IST, the admission decisions and selection are the responsibility of the coordinator of the course you’re considering applying to, with the following criteria:
- Scientific affinity between the acquired course and the 2nd cycle programme that you are applying for;
- Nature of the academic degree earned;
- Academic progress of the attended course.
Deadlines 1st Call (2021/22)
|1st of June to 31st of July 2021||Submission of applications|
|6th of September 2021||Publication of temporary results|
|6th to 8th of September 2021||Complaints and reevaluation requests|
|15th of September 2021||Publication of final results|
|16th to 24th of September 2021||Registration and Enrollment|
Deadlines 2nd Call (2021/22)
|27th to 30th of September 2021||Submission of applications|
|8th of October 2021||Publication of temporary results|
|8th of October 2021||Complaints and reevaluation requests|
|15th of October 2021||Publication of final results|
|8th to 15 th of October 2021||Registration and Enrollment|
To complete the application process it is necessary to submit the following scanned documents:
- Up-to-date CV
- Official academic transcript with average grade
- Bank transfer slip of the payment for the application fee (for bank transfers only)
- Display of identification document (passport, foreign citizen card or other appropriate), or, when authorized by the candidate, a simple photocopy of the identification document
- After submission of the application process an ATM reference will be generated to proceed with the bank transfer.
- Use the ATM reference to make the payment.
- The amount is 100 euros (for each course), except for Técnico students and ex-students which only pay an amount of 50 euros.
Available vacancies 2021–2022
Integrated Master’s Programmes
|Course||Vacancies 1||MFCmin 2||Cmin 3||Campus||URL|
|Architecture||1st Call: 5
2nd Call: 3
2 – MFCmin: Média Final de Curso.
3 – Cmin: Nota Mínima de Seriação.
Do you have any further queries?
Please consult the Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ's page