Master’s Degree – 2nd study cycle
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
The applicants who are finishing an undergraduate degree or an integrated masters of a 1st study cycle, may submit the application within the deadlines set for this purpose, being subjected to the later delivery of documentation proving the finalization of the 1st study cycle until 30th September of the year of application. For further information contact the Admissions Office.
National and EU Students: For the academic year 2020-2021, the tuition fee for the Integrated Master’s degrees was established at 697,00 euros* and for the 2nd study cycle, the tuition fee was established at 1063,47 euros. However, for the Master’s degrees indicated below, a different fee adequate to the study field will be applied:
- Master’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Engineering – 2126,94 Eur (1st academic year) and 2126,94 Eur (2nd academic year).
- Master’s Degree in Cyberspace Law and Information Security – 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and Management of Innovation and Entrepreneurship — 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year)
- Master’s Degree in Data Science and Engineering — 2500 Eur (1st academic year) and 2500 Eur (2nd academic year)
- Master’s Degree in Territorial Management and Urban Studies – 1200 Eur (1st academic year) and 1200 Eur (2nd academic year)
* Indicative amount
Students applying for a master’s or an integrated master’s of a 2nd study cycle at IST, the admission decisions and selection are the responsibility of the coordinator of the course you’re considering applying to, with the following criteria:
- Scientific affinity between the acquired course and the 2nd cycle programme that you are applying for;
- Nature of the academic degree earned;
- Academic progress of the attended course.
|1st June to 31st July 2021||Submission of applications|
|6th September 2021||Publication of temporary results|
|6th to 8th September 2021||Complaints and reevaluation requests|
|15th September 2021||Publication of final results|
|16th to 24th September 2021||Registration and Enrollment|
To complete the application process it is necessary to submit the following scanned documents:
- Recent Photo
- Up-to-date CV
- Official academic transcript with average grade
- Identification document
- Tax Identification Card
- Bank transfer slip of the payment for the application fee
- After submission of the application process an ATM reference will be generated to proceed with the bank transfer.
- Use the ATM reference to make the payment.
- The amount is 100 euros (for each course).
Available vacancies 2020–2021
Integrated Master’s Programmes
|Course||Vacancies for the 2nd round||MFCmin 2||Cmin 3||Campus||URL|
2 – MFCmin: Média Final de Curso.
3 – Cmin: Nota Mínima de Seriação [C = (0.4 × “Afinidade” + 0.3 × “Natureza”/5 + 0.3 × MFC/200) × 200].
Do you have any further queries?
Please consult the Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ's page